Step by Step insctruction to setup your email account with Outlook 2007
- Open Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu, and select E-mail Accounts.
- Click Add a new e-mail account, and click Next.
- Choose POP3 as your server type by clicking the radio button, and click Next.
- Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types, verify the following details.
- Click More Settings... and then click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab, uncheck the box next to Leave a copy of this message on the server.
- Click OK.
- Click Test Account Settings... After receiving Congratulations! All tests completed successfully, click Close.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
- Download the latest updates for Outlook from Microsoft. This will help prevent the most common Outlook errors.
Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address: Enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Incoming mail server (POP3): mail.yourdomain.tld (mail.example.co.za)
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.yourdomain.tld (mail.example.co.za)
User Name: Enter your full address in the format email@example.com
Password: Enter your email password
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve Email messages.
On a final note, your account is setup on a shared server. Please make sure that your automatic email retrieval frequency is set to a minimum of 5 minutes. Anything quicker than that may cause a temporary ban of you IP address on our server.