Step by Step insctruction to setup your email account with Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird
- Click on "tools", then "account settings".
- Click on "account actions", then "add mail account".
- Under "mail account setup" it will ask for your name, your email address, and password. The email address and password are going to be exactly what you have already configured in your cPanel account. Click "continue".
- Thunderbird will attempt to auto detect your account settings, when it fails it will allow you to enter your own settings. you will want to use the following for your settings.
IMAP vs POP3:
Linuxweb supports both IMAP and POP email accounts. We recommend using POP as your mail server will not get full with emails. All emails will be stored on your computer and removed from the server.
Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address: Enter your full email address (email@example.com)
Incoming mail server (POP3): mail.yourdomain.tld (mail.example.co.za)
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.yourdomain.tld (mail.example.co.za)
User Name: Enter your full address in the format firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: Enter your email password
You will want to use SSL/TLS encyption for both incoming and outgoing. Both STARTTLS and SSL/TLS options should work.
- Once finished click Edit.
- Change the username to the full email address for which you are setting up the account.
- Click Re-test Configuration. If everything is entered correctly both Incoming and Outgoing servers should have green light displayed.
- Click Create Account